Book me for your event!
The Roving Typist is a memorable and unique addition to any event, party, or corporate function.
I love collaboration and helping to fulfill your vision. From proposals to parties to inspiration expos, I’ve done it all, and I’d love to do it all again for you!
Here’s how Creative Director Amy Virginia Buchanan put it: To receive one of Christopher’s impromptu stories is nothing short of magic. He has a way with words, but also with people, that I’ve never previously encountered. It is just as satisfying to watch him weave tales for countless guests as it is to receive them myself.
As Hasbro’s event project administrator raved: The Hasbro Team loved Christopher’s talk and stories. Everyone (myself included) left feeling truly inspired by the process and the stories. There is chatter this morning around the office as our team members share their stories with others.
Check out the lovely documentary about me if you’d like to see what this can look like in person!
The “Classic”: spontaneous storytelling plus a souvenir to take home
- Guests receive their own custom typed story or poem
- We collaborate on any specifics
- Story is written on the spot
- Photo taken of guest and story
- Great for smaller events, or alongside other activities.
“Keypress Arcana”: fortune telling meets typewriting & symbology
- Guest receive a typed horoscope notecard
- They ask a question and choose a rubber stamp from my collection
- I type up guidance to help them along their path based on the symbology of the stamp
- Photo taken of guest and horoscope
- Ideal for large events, can interact with lots of guests
The base price is 500 dollars for 3 hours of typing for a party of up to 50 guests anywhere in New York City.
E-mail me at rovingtypist at gmail dot com and let’s get started!